© 2018 by YourStory International, Inc.

#GivingTuesday - The YSI Scholarship Fund

November 28, 2016

Scholarship recipients Joseana and Dabbins with advocate Ashley Genza.

 

The YourStory International Scholarship Fund pays for tuition, uniforms, school supplies, and school lunches for children from the most vulnerable families in Léogâne. This #GivingTuesday, we are asking our supporters to help children like our friends Dabbins, Joseana, and Lolanda get an education.

 

Many families in Léogâne face the difficult choice between paying for necessities such as food or medical expenses and keeping their children in school. Hurricane Matthew created additional financial pressure--many families’ homes and business were destroyed, and some do not have to money to both rebuild their homes and pay their children’s tuition. Our Scholarship Fund relieves these financial pressures while ensuring the children receive an uninterrupted education.

We currently support the educational expenses of 12 children throughout Léogâne. By making a recurring monthly gift, you can help us keep them in school and expand the program to include more students!

 

If you donate to a YourStory International Facebook fundraiser like this one, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation will match your gift in honor of #GivingTuesday, meaning your donation will be doubled!

Click here to support our students. Gifts of any size will make a difference. Here are a few examples of how your gift will help:

    $25 per month covers tuition and all associated costs for one student.
    $10 per month provides one student with a nutritious lunch every day of school.
    A one-time gift of $300 covers all costs for one student for a year.
    A one-time gift of $50 will pay for one student’s uniform and school supplies.

We operate with very low overhead--95% of your gift will go directly to the students. The other 5% is for payment processing and transfer fees. Thank you for your support!

Scholarship recipients Joseana and Lolanda visited our compound to show off their report cards.

 

Please reload

Featured Posts

Maggie's Mangoes

March 30, 2017

1/10
Please reload

Recent Posts

August 23, 2017

May 18, 2017

April 27, 2017

April 20, 2017

April 14, 2017

April 3, 2017

Please reload

Archive